It’s been 6 days since my last post.
It’s a Wednesday night 22:54pm and I’ve decided there’s no better time than now to write something.
To set the mood of this post, I currently have this song playing in the background:
Now that the mood is set I will continue with my thoughts.
To be honest I feel that my lack of posts over the past 6 days have been a reflection on my distractions and lack of focus.
I’m not going to see this as a problem, as it’s been noted and being addressed, however I feel it could impact the quality of my post – (or at least the confidence I have in the publishing of this post).
Having said that, I’m learning to understand that everything you create will not please everyone.
Some will hate what you do, some won’t understand it, but there will be a small collection of people that do enjoy what you create. If you’ve come this far and you’re reading these words I’m guessing you’re one of those people – which means I have achieved success:
Don’t seek to please the masses.
— Siôn Rees (@rees_sion) September 28, 2020
This post doesn’t really have structure or any thought behind it, so here are some bullet points, take from them what you will:
- Don’t have an instagram profile filled with a 100% selfies. Just because it’s a cultural norm, doesn’t mean it’s a good one.
- When designing, understand the extreme importance of typography. Typography will make or break a design.
- Create for the sake of creating, that’s real art.
- ‘Breaking into Heaven’ by The Stone Roses is a musical masterpiece (the 11minutes and 20 seconds version).
- If you ever feel you lose focus or you’re distracted for days, re-consider the content you’re consuming.
- Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth – wrinkles come for us all, (apart from Pharrell Williams)
Here’s some art from the internet:
Here’s a quote:
“True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.” — Socrates
I hope you’ve enjoyed and found some form of value from within this post. It’s 6 days rusty, so apologies if not.